Recipe courtesy of @cookingbride
1 Granny Smith apple cored and chopped
1 Ambrosia apple cored and chopped
3-4 Orange slices
4-5 Cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp St Dalfour Apple & Cinnamon Fruit Spread
(2) 750 m bottles of Pinot Grigio
(2) 750 m sparkling Apple Cider
- Add the apples, orange slices and cinnamon sticks to a large pitcher. Pour the white wine over top. Add a spoonful of St. Dalfour Apple & Cinnamon Fruit Spread for an extra crisp taste.
- Stir the contents and allow the wine mixture to chill for several hours or overnight.
- When serving, fill each glass halfway with the wine mixture. Top off with the sparkling apple cider. Garnish with sliced apples or oranges if desired.
*Note: White wine sangria must be kept chilled at all times. Letting sangria sit out unchilled for a prolonged period of time may speed up the decay of the fruit and turn the wine into vinegar. Sangria is best when consumed within 24 hours. It will last up to three or four days in the fridge. After four days, you run the risk of the citrus fruit turning the sangria bitter.