1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
3 TBSP sugar
1 TSP kosher salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 ½ cup St. Dalfour Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Spread
1 LB rhubarb, cut into ¾" pieces
2 cups of Strawberries (boil down)
1/3 cup sugar
1 TBSP lemon juice
- Whisk together all dry ingredient (all-purpose and buckwheat flours, sugar, and salt) in a large bowl. Add butter and work into the dry ingredients with your hands, until you form nickel-size pieces.
- Pour ¼ cup ice water over mixture and mix it in with your fingers until evenly dispersed. Squeeze the clumps with your hands to moisten until the dough is formed.
- Press dough together, working it into a ball, then flattening it. Pat into a ¾"-thick square. Using a knife, divide dough into 4 pieces. Stack pieces on top of one another and press down to combine. Form dough into a ¾"-thick disk and wrap in plastic. Chill until firm. (2 hours)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough to a 14" round. Transfer dough to a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 TBSP lemon juice. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cut 1 LB rhubarb into ¾" pieces.
- Spread St. Dalfour Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Spread over the dough leaving a 2" border around edges. Top the fruit spread with boiled down strawberries, and rhubarbs.
- Fold dough up and over filling, overlapping slightly. Brush dough with egg and sprinkle dough and filling generously with sugar.
- Bake galette until filling is bubbling and crust is deeply browned, 40–50 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream.